Part one here:
15. Favourite quote of a chaRActer?
16. Saddest chaRActer death?
Guy of Gisborne’s death because it marked the end of Guy of Gisborne (obviously) and also the happy duel-purpose watching of Robin Hood, with my young son on Saturdays, at 7.45pm. I still get delicious nostalgic shivers at the weekend in anticipation of regular Guy doses at that time .
17. Favourite century?
My favourite century is the 18th but Richard hasn’t graced that time – so far (apart from Clarissa but that was audio). I don’t know – preferably one where facial hair wasn’t obligatory. I love his 21st century personas but it would be nice to see him in a different period – 18th-century highwayman, stern Edwardian, swashbuckling pirate, scheming Plantagenet King (but not with King Oberon’s hair – is that possible?) noble ancient-Roman …
18. Your consolation show, i.e. your go-to show when you need distRAction?
If I didn’t allow myself to only watch North and South once a year on my birthday I would probably choose that for comforting escapism. I don’t tend to watch individual episodes of my favourite RA series. Oddly, it’s probably Hannibal as I enjoy it so much or Strike Back.
19. Theatre or small/big screen?
Nothing beats the excitement of seeing Richard Armitage live, even being in the same room is enough, but these opportunities are few and far between, so I’ll pick the small screen, as there tends to be more Armitage screen time and I enjoyed the anticipation of seeing him week after week (which I could have had with The Stranger if I’d been more disciplined).
20. Best costume/look?
No, I really can’t choose: there is Gisborne’s leather – any black leather-clad Armitage, Richard impeccable in suits, particularly with an open necked white shirt, his Berlin Station great great-coat with the turned-up collar, his so sexy fitted Spooks and Hannibal jackets, the bomber jackets of Berlin Station and The Stranger, the beige raincoat in the latter ….
But then again ..
21. Imagine your favourite chaRActer – assign them a colour, a scent and a chocolate flavour
Black, leather, Black Magic (the dark chocolates)
22. Your favourite audio book?
David Copperfield. I want to drive through the streets with a megaphone, shake people vigorously by the shoulders, fly a plane with a streamer proclaiming how incredible Richard Armitage’s narration is: the astonishing variety of his accents is a revelation but also his love for his favourite book shines through in his sensitive and perceptive understanding of Dickens’s words.
23. Your favourite piece of fan art you own?
I don’t own many pieces but those that I have are treasured and made with such kindness, care and consideration that I don’t want to choose one above the others. I did enjoy smirking secretly at my Gisbauble ( from the Flat Ritchie tour box) hanging from my tree this year, hidden in plain sight.
24. If you had the opportunity to meet RA, what would you like to talk to him about? I’ve often fantasised about meeting Richard Armitage, bumping into him in the country side, being stuck in a lift together or on a long drive (and I often dream of him when he’s trying to get away from me, which seems an unfair waste of a dream).
As I’m rather inarticulate and quiet, I would want to feel on safe ground with my subject. As I love film, and can talk relatively volubly on the subject, we would have lots to discuss (as well as which side of the bed he prefers!).
25. Anything you dislike about the fandom? I like the fandom a lot more than I dislike it. The odious quibbling, divisive party-lines, blind adoration (although I can be guilty of that) is tiresome but expected in a wildly varied group who like different facets of the divine one. The thing I do dislike – and I feel really mean saying this – and there are some breathtakingly good pieces, which I admire – are some of the drawings and paintings of RA, over the years, where his features are slightly wonky (and I couldn’t do any better). Basically I’d rather see the real Armitage rather than paintings, drawings and cartoons. A another personal bug-bear of mine is seeing Armitage cute-sified, but I mean no criticism of others. I just don’t like to see my potent fantasy figure emasculated.
Thanks for reading and thanks Guylty for providing this distRAction!
*I apologise if I’ve used any images without permission. I will credit where I can but I have no idea where some originated from. Please let me know if I have used any of your images and I will either remove them or credit.